Saturday, June 8, 2013

Update and Changes

Summer is officially here in my house! School wrapped up on Wednesday, we went to a high school graduation that night, got haircuts on Thursday, went to the pool on Friday, are going to a graduation party today, and are leaving for our beach vacation on Monday. As you can see, we are BUSY! I thought I'd give a little update on what's going on for me (writing wise) and let you know about some upcoming changes on my blog.

First off, I'm still in the query stage of the whole "I want my book published" process. It's been a very exciting time for me to research agents and send out query letters. Hitting the 'send' button on an email has never been more nervewracking or thrilling and I find myself actually enjoying it! Like most querying writers, I obsessively check my email for responses. I've gotten a handful of very polite form rejections from various literary agents and a few weeks ago I got my first request to see my full manuscript!! I was so happy when I read that email--I don't think I stopped smiling the entire day! The agent that requested is amazing and I'd be lucky to have her represent me. If it doesn't work out though, that's alright. This business is very subjective and I still have so much growing and learning to do as a writer. Most authors don't even sell their first novels (aka "trunk" novels). I may end up being one of those people and again, that's alright. I want to be the best writer I can be and if that means that my first novel is my "training" novel, then I can live with that. 

As for blog changes, they're not too big. I usually try to post about 4 times a week. With a busy summer already underway I plan to cut back just a bit. My posts will probably be very sporadic and some weeks I may be able to do more than others. I really want to focus on my kids and of course, my writing. I started a new manuscript recently but I hit that wonderful roadblock that happens to a lot of writers at right about 10,000 words. I'm hoping to push through and get the first draft finished before the kiddos go back to school in late August. I have a few other ideas that are running around in my head that I may try to flesh out as well. So check back often, wish me luck and have a wonderful summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment