Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Book Review: The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate

I first picked up this book after I finished Lauren Kate's first book in her FALLEN series, Fallen. I liked her writing style and wanted to check out what else she had available. I saw The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove, read the synopsis which said it was a new take on Macbeth (!), and said, Ok, sure! Here's my summary:

Natalie Hargrove is the most popular girl in school. She and her boyfriend (the cutest, most popular guy of course) are running for prom King and Queen of the senior class. In Natalie's town, it's a HUGE honor to win this coveted title. But while Natalie might be pretty and popular, she isn't necessarily well-liked. Her ex-boyfriend is among those who would love to see Natalie fall--and he starts to do whatever he can to make that happen. But Natalie will let no one get in her way. She convinces her boyfriend to help her pull a prank on her ex. Things don't go exactly as planned, though. With her life and lies and boyfriend completely out of control, Natalie would give anything to just make everything right again. What happens in the end to accomplish this will shock everyone--including Natalie.

**This book was such a fun read! I kept thinking it would be great as a Lifetime movie and totally wanted to shoot an email to the network to suggest it! Natalie was not at all a likeable main character and that was the first of many reasons why I enjoyed her story. She was that girl in high school that everyone hates (but pretends to like) and fears not being friends with. We all want to see these girls get what they deserve and while what Natalie does to her ex has the potential to destroy her, she manages to scrape by without too much of a fall and almost makes you want to root for her! I definitely questioned what I felt for her while reading! The main reason I liked this book though was it's surprise ending--I didn't see it coming at all! If you're looking for a quick and easy read that will make you remember all the highs and lows of high school, this book is for you! 

Thanks for hanging out! Let me know what you think!!


No comments:

Post a Comment