Thursday, May 9, 2013

First Kiss Critique

Last week I entered a "First Kiss" critique on Miss Snark's First Victim. For those of you who don't know who Miss Snark, aka "Authoress" is, let me tell you. She is an anonymous blogger/YA & MG science fiction and fantasy writer. Her website is an amazing resource for aspiring authors that constantly hosts contests and critiques. 

The "First Kiss" critique was open to the first 40 people who entered their 300 word or less "first kiss" scene from their manuscript. I was one of the first 40 (#23 to be exact) and I quickly submitted my 25 word lead-in to the scene in my manuscript that is the first real kiss between my two main characters. (They had an almost kiss that I considered using but decided against since I wanted more heat in the submission) 

On Tuesday Authoress posted the entries and asked that each of us give at least 5 critiques letting those who entered know what we thought of their scene. We could say what worked or didn't work and give constructive criticism on how to fix any problems. Or we could just say how wonderful the scene was! 

I read through all the entries and was blown away by the talent out there. I was nervous to have my scene read by so many (because her website has A LOT of followers) but I was also hopeful that it would lead to a good ego boost or at least an improvement on my writing. 

Well, it did both! Yay!

Click on the link below to check out my scene and the critiques I received. If you want to read more entries just click back to Miss Snark's home page and scroll down. 

http://www.misssnarksfirstvictim.blogspot.com/2013/05/first-kiss-23.html



Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment