Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Contest Entry

Ok so my next post might seem strange so I thought I'd explain first. I entered The Writers Voice contest yesterday and was one of the random entries chosen today. Basically, here's what the contest is: a multi-blog, multi-agent contest hosted by Cupid's Literary Connection, Brenda Drake of Brenda Drake Writes, Monica B.W. of LoveYA, and Krista Van Dolzer of Mother.Write (Repeat.). (They're basing it on NBC's singing reality show, The Voice.) The aforementioned four will serve as coaches and select projects for their teams based on our queries (this is a sales pitch of our book/writing resume) and the first pages of our manuscripts. My next post will be my query and first 250 words of I AM CARAWAY. I have to link that post to their contest blog. Over the next week, the coaches will select their team members and then for another week or so they will coach us and help us get our first 250 words as good as possible. Then on May 20 they will post our entries on their blogs and on May 23-24 the agents will vote for their favorites. Some writers have scored agents through this very contest so wish me luck!

2 comments: