Monday, March 4, 2013

Welcome!

So I decided to start a blog. Why? you ask. Well, first off, I read...A LOT and since people know this about me they always ask what I am reading, do I like it, and what can I recommend for them to read. So blogging world, here I am! But wait, WHO am I? Well, let me introduce myself...

My name is Christie and I live just outside of Austin, Texas. I am a writer, a reader, a chocoholic,  a sweet tea drinker, and a compulsive tv show watcher. And since I am also a wife and mother I guess I have to include some sub professions: teacher, doctor, nurse, maid, accountant, judge, mediator, mentor, counselor...the list is endless.

So why should you read my blog? Well, again, since I read A LOT I will constantly be reviewing books in my posts. My first love is YA because it's timeless. It transcends age. Reading itself can take you to a whole new world, recreate the one you know, introduce you to unforgettable characters and give your imagination some exercise but but reading YA does all of that with the added excitement and limitlessness of being a teen--like you're on the cusp of life right there with them. 

Since I'm also a writer about to start the exciting and nerve-wracking process of querying agents, I will keep you updated on my progress and experiences. And whenever I come across helpful websites, writing advice, blogs, conferences, giveaways, etc. I will post those here too.

So that brings me to now. Thanks for stopping by and giving me a chance while I get my feet wet. I hope you'll come back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment