Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My First Query!

Last month I set a goal for myself to have queried at least one agent by the end of April. I love the month of April. Spring is in the air, Easter comes (usually), my daughter has her birthday, and both of my anniversaries (yes I have two!) are all in this month. I thought I'd be a little superstituous and use some of these happy days to query agents. Well, today is one of those days! My husband and I have been married 9 years today!! When he got home from work he stood next to me while I hit the "send" button and queried my first agent! While I knew nothing would happen right away expcept for maybe an automated response, I was still super nervous and excited. I plan to send two more queries on my daughter's birthday on Thursday and the final two of my top five on my other anniversary on the 22nd. Even if nothing ever comes of my book and all the agents send me big fat rejection emails, I am still so proud that I got to this point. I wrote a book and I put myself out there. To those who know me, this is a huge deal. I'll let you know how it goes!

Here's the picture my hubby took right before I hit "send."





Thanks for stopping by! Check back tomorrow for some YA book giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment